What is fenoprofen calcium?

Fenoprofen calcium is a prescription medication used to treat the symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. These symptoms can include swelling, pain, and stiffness in the joints. It can also be used to bring a fever down and to treat arthritis in the spine (ankylosing spondylitis) as well as gouty arthritis.

Fenoprofen calcium is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). NSAIDs stop your body from making certain hormones that cause inflammation. Fenoprofen calcium is sometimes called Nalfon.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
Despite the fancy name, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are among the most commonly us...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?