What is Arthrotec?

Arthrotec (diclofenac and misoprostol) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat joint pain, swelling and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It’s meant to be used only by people who have a high risk of developing ulcers, a common side effect of other NSAIDs. Arthrotec contains two active ingredients: diclofenac, which eases pain, and misoprostol, which protects the lining of the stomach and intestines and reduces acid production.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
Is ibuprofen safe for long-term use?
Long-term use of ibuprofen can increase the risk for heart attack, stroke and ulcers. It can also in...
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking NSAIDs?
To avoid suffering an adverse reaction, talk to your doctor before you take an NSAID, even over the ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?