What is Advil?

Advil is a drug used to treat fever, swelling, pain, and redness by preventing the body from making a substance that causes inflammation. It is a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Also called ibuprofen and Motrin.

This answer is based on source information from The National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How should I store my acetaminophen and NSAIDs?
Storage of pain relievers like acetaminophen and NSAIDs is somewhat simple: keep it tightly shut in ...
Who should not take NSAIDs?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are a specific group of pain relievers. Some NSAIDs ar...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?