What should I discuss with my doctor before taking NSAIDs?

To avoid suffering an adverse reaction, talk to your doctor before you take an NSAID, even over the counter. These drugs may not be appropriate for some people with different medical conditions, such as heart disease, and may interact with certain medications and foods. Discuss the proper dosage of NSAIDs and any potential complications with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How are NSAIDs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis?
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) include ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen and hundreds of o...
How does topical salicylic acid treat psoriasis?
Topical salicylic acid (for example, Dermarest, Keralyt, or Salex) is a drug that is applied directl...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?