What is the diclofenac epolamine topical patch?

The diclofenac epolamine topical patch is an analgesic (pain killing) drug to be worn on the skin. The diclofenac patch is available with a prescription under the brand name Flector. Your doctor may prescribe Flector for local relief of pain and inflammation from bruising, joint sprains, or muscle strains. Diclofenac belongs to a drug class called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Although the exact mechanism is unknown, NSAIDs block cellular signals that lead to pain and inflammation.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
How should I store my acetaminophen and NSAIDs?
Storage of pain relievers like acetaminophen and NSAIDs is somewhat simple: keep it tightly shut in ...
What are the types of anti-inflammatory painkillers (NSAIDs)?
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are medicines that can reduce inflammation, pain, ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?