What are the common brand names for ibuprofen?

Ibuprofen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to relieve symptoms such as pain, swelling and fever, is available under a variety of brand names. Among the most common are Advil and Motrin. Ibuprofen is also combined with other medications and sold as Advil Cold & Sinus, Advil PM and Dimetapp Sinus, among others. This medication is available over the counter and by prescription.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
What is the advantage of COX-2 inhibitors over NSAIDs?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The basic mechanism of action of the COX-2 inhibitors is similar to that of nonsteroidal anti-inflam...
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking NSAIDs?
To avoid suffering an adverse reaction, talk to your doctor before you take an NSAID, even over the ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?