What should I avoid while I'm on Mobic?

While you're on Mobic (meloxicam), a drug prescribed to treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, you should avoid smoking and drinking large amounts of alcohol, since these raise the risk of serious side effects. Ask your doctor about whether you should drink or smoke at all. You should also avoid aspirin products and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naproxyn).

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
When are prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used?
Akash Bajaj, MDAkash Bajaj, MD
NSAIDs are an extremely common and readily available class of drugs that focus on decreasing inflamm...
Do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase the risk of heart disease?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
There have been reports of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) being linked to a sligh...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?