Should I tell my doctor I am taking ibuprofen/diphenhydramine?

Yes, you should inform your doctor about taking ibuprofen-diphenhydramine especially if certain conditions apply to you. Before using talk to your doctor if you have stomach bleeding issues or if you ever suffer or have suffered serious side effects or an allergic reaction from taking pain relievers or fever-reducing medicines. Talk to your doctor first if you have stomach problems, like heartburn. If you have asthma, high blood pressure or liver, kidney or heart disease, talk to your physician before using this drug. If you use diuretics, have glaucoma or have breathing problems, like chronic bronchitis or emphysema, discuss use of Advil PM with your doctor first. Also, discuss use of this drug with your doctor prior to use if you have problems urinating due to an enlarged prostate. If you are taking any tranquilizers, sleep-aids, sedatives or antihistamines, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine. If you are on an aspirin regimen due to stroke or heart attack, discuss use of this drug, as it may affect how your aspirin regimen works.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
Despite the fancy name, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are among the most commonly us...
Is ibuprofen safe for long-term use?
Long-term use of ibuprofen can increase the risk for heart attack, stroke and ulcers. It can also in...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?