How soon after taking meloxicam will my symptoms improve?

Meloxicam can have an onset of action within 30 minutes and last in the blood longer than ibuprofen.

Stacy Wiegman, PharmD
Pharmacy Specialist

Meloxicam may require up to two weeks to provide maximum relief of your pain and inflammation. You may begin experiencing relief well before the end of this period. If you do not feel better after two weeks, contact your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What treatments other than NSAIDS can I use for a migraine?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Other treatments for acute migraine pain include the ergotamines, which because of their risks and a...
What other drugs affect NSAIDs?
NSAIDs reduce blood flow to the kidneys and therefore reduce the action of diuretics and decreas...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?