How soon after taking meloxicam will my symptoms improve?

Meloxicam can have an onset of action within 30 minutes and last in the blood longer than ibuprofen.

Stacy Wiegman, PharmD
Pharmacy Specialist

Meloxicam may require up to two weeks to provide maximum relief of your pain and inflammation. You may begin experiencing relief well before the end of this period. If you do not feel better after two weeks, contact your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
What is the advantage of COX-2 inhibitors over NSAIDs?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The basic mechanism of action of the COX-2 inhibitors is similar to that of nonsteroidal anti-inflam...
What happens if I overdose on NSAIDs?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have overdosed on an NSAID. Overdose symptoms ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?