Are there side effects to long-term use of NSAIDs?

Major side effects can occur from the long-term use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs include ibuprofen drugs like Motrin and Advil or naproxen sodium drugs like Aleve. The risk is greatest when the long-term use is at high doses. Some side effects include heart attack and other heart problems, stomach upset and ringing in the ears. Liver and kidney damage are possible, as well.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What should I know before I take celecoxib?
If you are over age 65, celecoxib may not be a good option for you. If you are allergic to sulfa dr...
What should I know before using topical salicylic acid?
If you have impaired kidney function or impaired liver function, you should avoid prolonged use of t...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?