What should I know about Acular before using it?

Before using Acular (ketorolac 0.4% solution), you should know how to properly use this medication. To use Acular drops, first wash your hands and remove contact lenses if you wear them. Tilt your head back, pull your lower eyelid away from your eye, and put in one drop of medication. Close your eye and put light pressure on the inside corner of your eyelid for a few minutes. Make sure the applicator tip doesn't touch your eye, your hands, or any other surface. It should be used with caution in patients with complicated ocular surgery, dry eye syndrome and repeated ocular surgeries in a short period of time because of increased risk of sight damaging cornea problems, like cornea thinning, ulceration, erosion or perforation. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consider alternative medications.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking NSAIDs?
To avoid suffering an adverse reaction, talk to your doctor before you take an NSAID, even over the ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?