If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Mobic?

If you are pregnant, you should not use Mobic (meloxicam), a drug for treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, starting at your 30th week of pregnancy. Taking the drug at that point can cause a birth defect in the developing fetus's heart. Before that, Mobic should be taken during pregnancy only if you and your doctor decide its benefits outweigh its risks.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
Why do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) cause side effects?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) include common over-the-counter drugs such as aspi...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?