Who should not use the diclofenac epolamine topical patch?

Certain people are at higher risk for the serious side effects from diclofenac. Do not use the diclofenac epolamine topical patch if you have ever had an allergic or other reaction to aspirin or any other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Do not use the diclofenac patch either right after or before having bypass heart surgery. People with kidney disease or who are in the last trimester of pregnancy should not use the patch. Let your doctor know before using the patch if you have heart, kidney, or liver disease, any blood disorders, or gastrointestinal conditions. The diclofenac patch should not be used on a site where the skin is broken.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What happens if I miss a dose of NSAIDs?
Most people take NSAIDs as needed for pain relief. However, if you are taking an NSAID for blood...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?