What is the maximum daily dosage for salicylic acid?

The maximum daily dosage of salicylic acid will differ depending on a person's age, the condition being treated and the type of preparation used. For instance, gels used for acne, psoriasis and warts contain salicylic acid in a wide range of concentrations. Frequency of application varies as well. Pads may be used one to three times a day, and products like shampoos may follow a weekly or three-times-a-week dosing schedule. Since each situation is unique, follow package directions to be sure you apply the proper dose and avoid overdosing.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What happens if I overdose on NSAIDs?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have overdosed on an NSAID. Overdose symptoms ...
How should I store my acetaminophen and NSAIDs?
Storage of pain relievers like acetaminophen and NSAIDs is somewhat simple: keep it tightly shut in ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?