Should I let my doctor know I’m taking Midol?

If your symptoms are not improving with Midol, you should talk to your doctor. There may be other OTC medication options that you can take. Also, talk to your doctor if you have any questions about drug interactions and side effects. Otherwise, fairly healthy women taking this medication for menstrual symptoms do not necessarily need to consult with a doctor.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What is the advantage of COX-2 inhibitors over NSAIDs?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The basic mechanism of action of the COX-2 inhibitors is similar to that of nonsteroidal anti-inflam...
How do NSAIDs prevent strokes and heart disease?
Aspirin is the only NSAID used as a blood thinner for people at risk of stroke or heart attack. By t...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?