What should I know about Indocin IV before using it?

Indocin IV may cause a reduced amount of urine in babies, and as a result urine production will be monitored. The drug may also cause bleeding. Babies with kidney and liver problems may have a higher risk of serious side effects such as low urine output and electrolyte imbalances. In addition, this drug can cause side effects, including allergic reaction. Before it is used, you should be aware of the possible side effects.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How can I prevent side effects from NSAIDs?
Here are some ways you can lower your risk of developing side effects from nonsteroidal anti-inflamm...
Do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase the risk of heart disease?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
There have been reports of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) being linked to a sligh...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?