If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Arthrotec?

If you're pregnant (or planning to become pregnant), it isn't safe for you to take the arthritis drug Arthrotec (diclofenac and misoprostol). This medication may cause miscarriage, premature birth and birth defects. If your doctor prescribes Arthrotec for you, you'll need to use an effective form of birth control while you're taking it. If you accidentally become pregnant while on Arthrotec, stop taking it immediately and call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
Who should avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers (NSAIDs)?
Over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibupro...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?