Can I take narcotic and celebrex together?

Both codeine and hydrocodone products have a potential interaction with Celebrex. Celebrex may increase codeine and hydrocodone levels in your body and may increase the risk of side effects from codeine and hydrocodone. However, Celebrex is commonly taken with narcotic pain medicines like codeine and hydrocodone and the risk of side effects can be reduced by using the lowest dose possible of the two medications. You can also monitor for side effects of extreme drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, or difficulty breathing and follow up with your doctor if any of these symptoms occur.  Your physician will be able to make the best determination for controlling your pain post surgery. You should discuss your concerns with the drug selection and be sure to share your complete medication and physical condition profile.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
How should I take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are available both with and without a prescription...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?