How should I store ibuprofen?

To store ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), follow these guidelines:
  • Keep the drug in its original container, tightly closed.
  • Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat and moisture; you should not keep it in the bathroom.
  • Keep it away from children and pets.
  • Throw away any medication that has expired.
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that's used to treat symptoms such as pain, swelling and fever.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What should I know before I take celecoxib?
If you are over age 65, celecoxib may not be a good option for you. If you are allergic to sulfa dr...
Does topical salicylic acid interact with other medications?
You should not combine a salicylate taken by mouth with topical salicylic acid. This answer was ada...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?