How should I take piroxicam?

You should take piroxicam exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You should take piroxicam with food. You should take piroxicam with a full eight ounce glass of water. If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, unless it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at once - a double dose - to make up for a missed dose. A double dose may lead to serious side effects, including overdose. Symptoms of an overdose include: loss of consciousness, seizures, difficulty breathing, severe dizziness or drowsiness and vomit that resembles coffee grounds. If you think you have overdosed, call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for RA work?
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are highly effective at relieving the symptoms of rhe...
What happens if I overdose on NSAIDs?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have overdosed on an NSAID. Overdose symptoms ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?