How can I minimize the side effects of Arthrotec?

To minimize your risk of side effects from the arthritis drug Arthrotec (diclofenac and misoprostol), follow your doctor’s instructions exactly. Do not take more or less of the drug than he or she prescribes, and try to take Arthrotec with food. Don't crush or chew the tablets, and don't take broken tablets. 

Also be sure to give your doctor and pharmacist a complete list of the medications and supplements you take regularly. Arthrotec may interact with several medications, including other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), several types of heart drugs, antacids, diuretics and certain diabetes medications.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What should I know before using topical salicylic acid?
If you have impaired kidney function or impaired liver function, you should avoid prolonged use of t...
Why is the generic Meloxicam NOT as effective as the brand Mobic?
MediGuardMediGuard
In order to be approved, generic manufacturers must show that their products contain the same amount...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?