How does meloxicam treat rheumatoid arthritis?

Rheumatoid arthritis is the result of swelling in the lining of the joints. Meloxicam treats both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis by blocking an enzyme called cyclooxygenase. This enzyme is responsible for the production of prostaglandins, which are the substances that result in inflammation and pain.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
How does topical salicylic acid treat psoriasis?
Topical salicylic acid (for example, Dermarest, Keralyt, or Salex) is a drug that is applied directl...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?