Can I drink alcohol if I take fenoprofen calcium?

Ask your doctor if it's safe for you to drink alcoholic beverages while taking fenoprofen calcium. This drug belongs to a family of medications called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Stomach problems such as ulcers are one common side effect of NSAIDs. Drinking alcohol while using these medications may worsen ulcers and other gastrointestinal side effects.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
Who is at risk of side effects from taking NSAIDs?
NSAIDs carry warnings for cardiovascular side effects and gastrointestinal side effects.  They can c...
Is it safe to take an NSAID with aspirin?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
Aspirin increases the risk of stomach and intestinal ulcers and internal bleeding. Most non-steroida...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?