Does naproxen (Naprosyn, Anaprox) help osteoarthritis pain?

Over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription naproxen (Naprosyn, Anaprox) does help relieve osteoarthritis pain, as well as inflammation, swelling and stiffness in the joints. Naproxen is a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that stops prostaglandin production to reduce pain.

If you are taking medication to control your blood pressure, you may not be able to use naproxen as some blood pressure meds cannot be used with this NSAID. Also, if you have a history of heart disease taking naproxen may increase your risk of heart attack or stroke. 

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What should I know before I take celecoxib?
If you are over age 65, celecoxib may not be a good option for you. If you are allergic to sulfa dr...
Does topical salicylic acid have any side effects?
Skin irritation may occur around the treated area. Serious allergic reactions have occurred, but are...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?