Can I take ibuprofen if I am pregnant?

It is not safe to take the pain reliever ibuprofen during the last three months of pregnancy. Experts don't know whether this drug can harm a developing fetus during the early months of pregnancy, but it's clear that if you take it during the last trimester, it can cause serious problems for a fetus and may interfere with labor. Talk with your doctor before taking the pain reliever ibuprofen if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How should I take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are available both with and without a prescription...
Do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase the risk of heart disease?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
There have been reports of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) being linked to a sligh...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?