Can my sister take Voltaren while she is breastfeeding my niece?

Very little information is available about the effects of a mother's use of Voltaren on her nursing baby. It is not known whether the drug passes into the breast milk or if it could harm the baby. Your sister should tell her doctor that she is breastfeeding and see if there's another drug she could take.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What should I know before I take celecoxib?
If you are over age 65, celecoxib may not be a good option for you. If you are allergic to sulfa dr...
What are the side effects of celecoxib?
Dr. Scott D. Martin, MDDr. Scott D. Martin, MD
Possible side effects of celecoxib (Celebrex) include stomach upset, fluid retention, gastrointestin...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?