Can I use Ibudone if I am taking an ACE inhibitor?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Ibudone (hydrocodone and ibuprofen) if you are on an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor for blood pressure control, but it's important to tell your doctor about that and any other drug you take. The ibuprofen in Ibudone may reduce the effectiveness of your ACE inhibitor. Your doctor may need to adjust the doses of these drugs to make sure they work properly in combination.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How are NSAIDs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis?
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) include ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen and hundreds of o...
What are precautions for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medication?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
All nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) should be taken with a glass of milk, food, or...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?