Can I use Ibudone if I am taking an ACE inhibitor?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Ibudone (hydrocodone and ibuprofen) if you are on an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor for blood pressure control, but it's important to tell your doctor about that and any other drug you take. The ibuprofen in Ibudone may reduce the effectiveness of your ACE inhibitor. Your doctor may need to adjust the doses of these drugs to make sure they work properly in combination.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
What are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are a type of medication that doctors and other healt...
How do NSAIDs prevent strokes and heart disease?
Aspirin is the only NSAID used as a blood thinner for people at risk of stroke or heart attack. By t...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?