Can I use Ibudone if I am taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)?

You should not take the prescription pain medication Ibudone (hydrocodone and ibuprofen) if you are on a drug known as a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). An MAOI, commonly used to treat depression, may intensify the effect of Ibudone, possibly leading to anxiety, confusion, breathing problems and coma. If you're on an MAOI, you should stop taking it at least 14 days before you start Ibudone.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How should I store my acetaminophen and NSAIDs?
Storage of pain relievers like acetaminophen and NSAIDs is somewhat simple: keep it tightly shut in ...
What are side effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
NSAIDs can have serious side effects on the digestive system and are usually not recommended for con...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?