Between Advil and Ecotrin (Aspirin), which drug is better for my stomach?

Aspirin can be irritating to the stomach, however Ecotrin is a specially coated aspirin that passes through the stomach and then the medicine is released in the small intestine. This helps greatly with stomach issues. If you continue to take the Advil liquid gel caps, be sure to take them with food or milk as this protects the stomach. The Advil does not hurt because it is hard to dissolve but because it inhibits a chemical that protects the lining of the stomach. Taking it with food decreases this effect.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
How should I take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are available both with and without a prescription...
How do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) relieve headache pain?
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and naproxen, relieve pain by i...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?