What are treatment options for bronchoalveolar carcinoma?

Treatment options for bronchoalveolar carcinoma are similar to those of other lung cancers. The most effective way to treat the malignant tumor is to remove it with surgery. Bronchoalveolar carcinoma has also been treated with chemotherapy radiation, although it does not respond as well to this sort of treatment. Some doctors may suggest a combination of radiation and surgery, especially if the tumor is harder to reach or if it has spread. Many people with bronchoalveolar carcinoma have responded well to targeted therapy cancer treatment. This treatment focuses on inhibiting the function of cancerous cells specifically, rather than the cancer cells and the healthy tissue surrounding them. Some research is also being done on the possibility of lung transplant for the treatment of severe cases of bronchoalveolar carcinoma.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Pneumonitis
Pneumonitis is a clinical term that refers to inflammation of the lungs. More specifically, it refers to inflammation of the air sacs (also called alv...
How can I prepare for an appointment for non-small cell lung cancer?
Brian D. Mott, MDBrian D. Mott, MD
If you’re going to see a specialist to diagnose or treat your suspected lung cancer bring the follow...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer