How does targeted drug therapy treat non-small cell lung cancer?

Targeted drug therapy treats non-small cell lung cancer by capitalizing on weaknesses inherent in cancer cells. These weaknesses appear as a result of the cellular abnormalities that allowed the cells to become cancerous in the first place. Targeted drug therapy cuts off the flow of blood to cancer cells and can stop cancer cells from growing.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Treating Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Immunotherapy
Immunotherapies are a category of cancer drugs that work by helping the body’s immune system identify and destroy cancer cells. Immunotherapy has been...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
Is non-small cell cancer serious?
Brian D. Mott, MDBrian D. Mott, MD
Lung cancer is a deadly disease. In fact it is the leading cause of cancer deaths for both men and w...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer