What are the symptoms of non-small cell cancer?

The symptoms of non-small cell cancer are

• a cough that does not go away
  • changes to a chronic cough
  • coughing up blood
  • shortness of breath
  • wheezing
  • headaches
  • chest or bone pain
  • loss of appetite
  • unexplained weight loss.

Unfortunately, most of the symptoms of non-small cell cancer do not show up until later stages of the disease. If you experience symptoms and you are a smoker, you should see your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Treating Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Immunotherapy
Immunotherapies are a category of cancer drugs that work by helping the body’s immune system identify and destroy cancer cells. Immunotherapy has been...
What is non-small cell lung cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Non-small cell lung cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer