How does non-small cell cancer affect the body?

The symptoms of non-small cell cancer, including a cough, shortness of breath, headaches, loss of appetite, and chest or bone pain, are all caused by a growing tumor that is interfering with how your lungs function. Additionally, lung cancer can cause your airways to bleed, resulting in you coughing up blood. It can also allow fluid to build up in your lungs in a condition known as pleural effusion. If the cancer metastasizes, or spreads to other areas of the body, it can cause damage to your other internal organs. Lung cancer is also a very deadly form of cancer, so it is important to seek treatment right away if you think you may have it.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Pneumonitis
Pneumonitis is a clinical term that refers to inflammation of the lungs. More specifically, it refers to inflammation of the air sacs (also called alv...
How is non-small cell lung cancer staged?
Non-small cell lung cancer is staged using the same techniques and equipment as diagnosis. The cance...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer