How do other illnesses affect non-small cell cancer?

Most illnesses do not affect non-small cell cancer, but treatments and the cancer itself can put you at risk for other conditions. For example, chemotherapy can cause anemia. Non-small cell cancer can also cause pleural effusion, or fluid buildup in the lungs.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

What Can I Expect With Immunotherapy?
What Can I Expect With Immunotherapy?
How is immunotherapy administered and what are the side effects? Get answers to these questions and more in this video, with Jennifer Caudle, DO.
How does non-small cell lung cancer differ from small cell?
Non-small cell lung cancer differs from small cell lung cancer in the type of cells affected and in ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with non-small cell cancer?
The best way to care for someone with non-small cell cancer is to do everything you can to make them...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer