How does chemotherapy help to treat non-small cell lung cancer?

Chemotherapy uses orally-administered or intravenous drugs to kill non-small cell lung cancer cells. Therapy is administered over several weeks or months. Different combinations of drugs may be used, and the therapy may be administered in combination with surgery or other treatments, like radiation therapy, to help make them more effective. Your oncologist will determine the best combination for you. Chemotherapy may be used to treat non-small cell lung cancer in its earlier stages, but even in the later stages of the disease chemotherapy can help relieve symptoms.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Treating Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Immunotherapy
Immunotherapies are a category of cancer drugs that work by helping the body’s immune system identify and destroy cancer cells. Immunotherapy has been...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
What are the different types of non-small cell lung cancer?
There are three main types of non-small cell lung cancer: Adenocarcinoma, which is typically fou...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer