Can non-small cell cancer be prevented?

Although you cannot completely prevent non-small cell cancer, there are things you can do to lower your risk. The one thing that you can do to decrease your lung cancer risk is to quit smoking - approximately 85% of all lung cancer cases are due to smoking. You should also exercise, limit your drinking, minimize your exposure to cancer-causing chemicals, and eat a balanced diet.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Treating Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Immunotherapy
Immunotherapies are a category of cancer drugs that work by helping the body’s immune system identify and destroy cancer cells. Immunotherapy has been...
How is non-small cell lung cancer staged?
The stages of non-small cell cancer are: Occult stage: Cancer cells are found in sputum (mucus) ...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer