How can bronchoalveolar carcinoma affect my quality of life?

A diagnosis of bronchoalveolar carcinoma can be life changing. Because treatments such as surgery and chemotherapy can affect someone's entire body, many people find themselves with a lot of recovery time. If a case of bronchoalveolar carcinoma is diagnosed in its early stages and you begin immediate treatment, chances of long-term survival are high. However, bronchoalveolar carcinoma detected in its later stages may have already spread throughout the lungs. This can make it more difficult to locate and eliminate every tumor, meaning that your symptoms may progressively worsen. Studies show that the five year survival rate of someone diagnosed with a later stage of bronchoalveolar carcinoma (stage three or four) drops to 60 percent.

Continue Learning about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

What's the Difference Between Immunotherapy and Chemotherapy?
Whether you're newly diagnosed or already in the fight, it's important to understand the nuances of cancer treatment. Here, Jennifer Caudle, DO, expla...
Should I get screened for non-small cell cancer even if I have no symptoms?
The medical field is divided as to whether you should be screened early for non-small cell cancer if...
How do other illnesses affect non-small cell cancer?
Most illnesses do not affect non-small cell cancer, but treatments and the cancer itself can put you...
Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer