What are the health effects of vitamin water?

Kate Geagan
Enhanced vitamin waters are all the rage these days, but they can contain upwards of 50 calories per serving. So if you’re sip, sip, sipping these “waters” all day (a noble goal because we want to drink plenty of actual water), you could be getting hundreds of unnecessary, extra calories in your diet. And all those extra vitamins? A 1999 survey by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) showed that the average person already consumes close to or above the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for many of the vitamins in these beverages.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

3 Good-for-You Drinks
3 Good-for-You Drinks
Can't remember your kid's cell phone number? Try a daily dose of apple juice. Concerned about diabetes? Sip four cups of coffee a day. Sidelined by a...
Is lots of coffee and alcohol drinking good for the body?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
Certainly not "lots" but moderate amounts of both coffee and alcohol have been associated with some ...
How safe are sports drinks?
Jonathan A. Fialkow, MDJonathan A. Fialkow, MD
While there are concerns that caffeine-based energy drinks can be dangerous, sports drinks do serve ...
How Can I Reduce the Calories I Get From Beverages?