What are the health benefits of coconut milk?

Coconut milk is a by-product of the meat of the coconut and has a number of health benefits. It is rich in minerals and vitamins, and may raise your high-density lipoprotein (HDL), which is the "good" cholesterol. It is also rich in saturated fatty acids and sugar, so excessive amounts of coconut milk can raise your cholesterol, which is undesirable.

Keri Glassman, MS, RD
There are many health benefits of coconut milk; it's a nice alternative to cow's milk, and it's full of vitamins/minerals, like lauric acid. Watch registered dietitian Keri Glassman, RD, share some tips for incorporating coconut milk into your diet. 

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Rethink Your Diet Drink
Rethink Your Diet Drink
If you’re among the 59% of Americans who regularly sip diet drinks, it’s time for a change. A ground-breaking, big-impact study says the artificial sw...
How long does it take to feel the effects of a relaxation drink?
Carol Ash, DOCarol Ash, DO
For most people, it will take 1-2 hours to feel the effects of a relaxation drink, and it can last f...
What is the difference between the different sports drinks?
Traditional sports drinks are a 6-8% carbohydrate solution, with added electrolyte minerals (par...
How Can I Reduce the Calories I Get From Beverages?