How do tea and coffee help me burn calories?

Caffeine does increase metabolism for several hours after it is ingested. For this reason one to two cups of a caffeinated beverage is all that is recommended for most people. The caffeine in coffee may raise blood pressure in people who already have hypertension. Coffee may also aggravate an existing ulcer and it can increase calcium excretion, which is bad for your bones. Caffeine is also a diuretic; it causes water to be excreted. Too much caffeine can result in mild or severe dehydration.
Coffee is a stimulant that contains caffeine. It can help you stay awake and also boost energy expenditure and speed up metabolism. So don't be afraid to drink a cup of Joe.

Green tea has compounds called phenols that have great thermogenic properties beyond that explained by its caffeine content. Give the green light to green tea and drink it hot or cold to promote energy expenditure.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Stop Drinking Added Sugar
Stop Drinking Added Sugar
From Austria to Zimbabwe and more than 43 countries in between, sweet soda is the drink of choice. But here in North America we’ve taken it to a new l...
What beverage is best to drink with meals?
It's Your Health NetworkIt's Your Health Network
Filtered water is your best bet. While I want you to drink sufficient water throughout your day, the...
What should I drink with my breakfast?
Try one of these morning favorites. They taste great and can relieve achy joints, fend off insulin p...
Drink Milk to Feel Full Longer
Drink Milk to Feel Full Longer