Is there such a thing as a healthy energy drink?

Sometimes we need an extra punch of energy to help us finish the day. Don't beat yourself up if you grab an energy drink, just use a little discretion when choosing one. Most energy drinks are loaded with sugar and caffeine that don't promote good health. Next time you're about to take a sip, take a look at the nutrition label and check for these four key guidelines.

Dr. Oz's Energy Drink Guidelines:
  • One energy drink per day
  • No more than 10 grams of sugar 
  • No more than 300 mg of caffeine 
  • No chemicals or artificial sweeteners

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Stop Drinking Added Sugar
Stop Drinking Added Sugar
From Austria to Zimbabwe and more than 43 countries in between, sweet soda is the drink of choice. But here in North America we’ve taken it to a new l...
What are the health effects of vitamin water?
Kate GeaganKate Geagan
Enhanced vitamin waters are all the rage these days, but they can contain upwards of 50 calories...
How can I choose healthy coconut water?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Since helping with the launch of coconut water here in the US, I've wanted everyone to know about th...
How Can I Reduce the Calories I Get From Beverages?