How can drinking soda affect my risk of disease?

Studies show that people who drink one or more sodas a day -- regular or diet -- are at a higher risk for being overweight or obese. They also have a greater chance of developing diabetes and high blood pressure.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

One More Reason to Skip the Sodas
One More Reason to Skip the Sodas
You’ve seen the movie: A bump in the attic. A young woman, alone in the house, decides to investigate. Slowly, she ascends the stairs. At the top ther...
Should I drink sports drinks?
Keri GansKeri Gans
Sports drinks are great -- for athletes. These beverages, which commonly contain sugar and other swe...
How do sugary beverages affect health?
Keri GansKeri Gans
In one Harvard study that followed 88,000 women for twenty-four years, those who drank at least ...
What Are Healthy Substitutes for Soda?
What Are Healthy Substitutes for Soda?