How can liquid calories lead to weight gain?

Some people assume that when you drink calories, they don’t count as much. A calorie is a calorie whether it comes from a carrot or candy. Drinking rich coffee drinks, sports drinks and sodas can push 500 to 800 calories into your day without you even thinking about it. Those “frappy” drinks at your coffee shop can pack a 400- to 600-calorie wallop. We often drink more mindlessly than we eat, so we ingest those calories without even thinking about it. Also, be careful of going to those juice stores; you may think you’re drinking a cup of fruit, but a large one of those can put you back 400 calories or more and again, we often consume them more mindlessly and they often do not leave us feeling as satisfied so we are hungry more quickly.
You Are WHY You Eat: Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life

An intelligent, timely, and prescriptive book that shows how your attitude towards food often reflects your attitude towards other areas in your life--jobs, relationships, money--and how you can...

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Could Unsweetened Drinks Save You Some Pain?
Ice-cold sodas and fruity drinks may hit the spot on a warm weekend, but could sipping unsweetened tea instead save you from a pain-filled future? Ma...
What is a recovery drink?
Recovery is a crucial part of the training process, and it starts from the moment you end your r...
What drinks are bad for my health?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Your body needs plenty of fluids, but it pays to be selective when pouring. Soda, lattes, sports...
How Can I Reduce the Calories I Get From Beverages?