How can I drink less soda if I want to lose weight?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
If you feel that you must have a soda with your meal, only drink half of it. Or ask the server to add more ice than soda. Better still, let water be the drink of choice at mealtimes. For that extra kick, try sparkling water with a wedge of lemon or lime. Cutting calories couldn't be simpler or more refreshing! By simply substituting water for soda with lunch or dinner, you can eliminate 150 calories without batting an eye. Plus water is necessary for the breakdown of fats into fatty acids for energy and releasing fat as heat and water. So if you're not well hydrated, your brain will be starved of energy and your fat cells will be unavailable for use.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Increase Brain Blood Flow with This Chocolaty Treat
Indulge in this chocolaty cold-weather treat to give your brain a boost on family Scrabble night: hot cocoa. Yep, research shows that enjoying a coup...
Is it ok to drink apple cider and water with diabetes?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, just in small quantities since the cider has sugar (meaning 6 oz. max). Don't add any more suga...
What should my child drink?
What your children drink does more than just quench their thirst. Beverages replace the liquid their...
What Are Healthy Substitutes for Soda?
What Are Healthy Substitutes for Soda?