How does soda affect weight?

Keri Gans
If you drink one can a day for a year, you consume about 55,000 calories in soda alone. (It takes 3,500 calories to equal one pound of body weight.) That means that one 12-ounce soda a day translates into 16 pounds of extra weight over one year! If you drink one 20-ounce bottle of soda (which contains about 250 calories), you’ll drink up about 91,000 calories, which translates into 26 pounds of extra weight!
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Stop Drinking Added Sugar
Stop Drinking Added Sugar
From Austria to Zimbabwe and more than 43 countries in between, sweet soda is the drink of choice. But here in North America we’ve taken it to a new l...
How can I cut down on high-calorie drinks?
Kate GeaganKate Geagan
It's easy to underestimate the whopping amount of sugar and calories found in common drinks. In th...
Is it ok to drink apple cider and water with diabetes?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, just in small quantities since the cider has sugar (meaning 6 oz. max). Don't add any more suga...
What Low Calorie Beverages Can Help Curb My Food Cravings?