How can I cut back on sugary drinks?

Here are some ways to reduce sugary drinks:
  • Go with H2O. Carry water with you -- and drink it all day long.
  • Get milk. Aim for 2 to 3 cups of skim or 1% milk every day. Your whole body -- especially your bones and teeth -- will thank you.
  • Rethink mealtime drinks. Drink water or milk (skim or 1%) at meals and snack times.
  • Make it special. Save soda, lemonade, sports drinks, Kool-Aid, and punch for special occasions -- no more than once a week. If you're used to drinking regular soda, switch to diet soda.
  • Watch the juice. Drink 100% fruit juice -- but limit yourself to one small (4 to 6 ounces) glass or juice box a day. Better yet, eat a piece of fruit instead. You'll get more nutrients and feel more satisfied.
  • Exercise caution. Go easy on the sports drinks. Most of the time, water is best for exercise.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Sugary Sodas Linked to Increased Risk of Disease
Coca-Cola’s first recipe (1892) included sugar, caffeine, water—and, yes, it was rumored to include leaves of the coca plant, and/or processed cocaine...
Could the diet soda I drink be linked to the premature birth of my baby?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
There hasn't been much research done on the safety of these beverages for humans, let alone unborn b...
What are the beverages that hydrate and dehydrate?
The word hydrate comes from the Greek word for water, so the best hydrating beverage is water. It qu...
What Low Calorie Beverages Can Help Curb My Food Cravings?