What is a healthy alternative to soda?

Do you like the fizziness of soda but don't want the caffeine and sugar?

Watch the video to find out from Dr. Oz what is a healthy alternative to soda.

Deborah Beauvais
A great affordable alternate to soda and better for you is taking regular water from your tap or a filtered system or  a bottle  and adding your own flavor to it. A healthy diet requires 64-80 ounces of water daily so try slicing lemons, limes and oranges and adding them to your ice cold water for a refreshing beverage. If it is the fizziness you crave use a sparkling variety of water or even club soda to get the fizz with some flavor that refreshes and the hydration the body needs daily.

We often confuse hunger with the need for hydration. So drinking more water daily may also impact your weight maintenance too.
Water, low-fat milk, and low-sodium, clear-broth soups -- especially before meals -- are healthy alternatives to soda. Studies show that these liquids may increase fullness, decrease hunger, and help you eat less during a meal.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

3 Good-for-You Drinks
3 Good-for-You Drinks
Can't remember your kid's cell phone number? Try a daily dose of apple juice. Concerned about diabetes? Sip four cups of coffee a day. Sidelined by a...
How can I reduce the calories I get from beverages?
Mary MullenMary Mullen
Here are some possible goals to get you started: Cut back to drinking soda pop on the weekends onl...
How can I cut down on high-calorie drinks?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Make no-cal water your top choice to quench thirst. Start by replacing one or two drinks a day w...
Drink Milk to Feel Full Longer
Drink Milk to Feel Full Longer