What is a healthy alternative to soda?

Water, low-fat milk, and low-sodium, clear-broth soups -- especially before meals -- are healthy alternatives to soda. Studies show that these liquids may increase fullness, decrease hunger, and help you eat less during a meal.
Deborah Beauvais
A great affordable alternate to soda and better for you is taking regular water from your tap or a filtered system or  a bottle  and adding your own flavor to it. A healthy diet requires 64-80 ounces of water daily so try slicing lemons, limes and oranges and adding them to your ice cold water for a refreshing beverage. If it is the fizziness you crave use a sparkling variety of water or even club soda to get the fizz with some flavor that refreshes and the hydration the body needs daily.

We often confuse hunger with the need for hydration. So drinking more water daily may also impact your weight maintenance too.

Do you like the fizziness of soda but don't want the caffeine and sugar?

Watch the video to find out from Dr. Oz what is a healthy alternative to soda.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Increase Brain Blood Flow with This Chocolaty Treat
Indulge in this chocolaty cold-weather treat to give your brain a boost on family Scrabble night: hot cocoa. Yep, research shows that enjoying a coup...
Can coffee and tea count towards my water intake?
dotFITdotFIT
Yes. Coffee and tea, as I am sure you know from making it or watching it being made, is almost all w...
What drinks are okay before bedtime?
I tell you not to eat within 2-3 hours of bedtime, but beverages are fine, as long as they don’t hav...
How Can Drinking Coffee Help Me Live Longer?