Can energy drinks increase blood pressure?

A study conducted at the University of Arkansas examined the effects of energy drinks on blood pressure, among healthy, non-smoking adults ages 18-45. The results reported blood pressure was significantly elevated in those who drank one serving of Red Bull, which contained 80 mg of caffeine, and 1000 mg of taurine, an amino acid commonly found in energy drinks.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Why You Should Stop Sipping on Soda
Why You Should Stop Sipping on Soda
Need a reason to let the soda fizzle out of your diet? Drinking today’s Aging Potion -- sugary sodas and beverages – can get you in big trouble. You d...
When should I give my child a sports drink?
JJ VirginJJ Virgin
Sports drinks are a terrible idea for anyone. They are usually loaded with junk ingredients, added s...
How can liquid calories lead to weight gain?
Dr. Ramani Durvasula, PhDDr. Ramani Durvasula, PhD
Some people assume that when you drink calories, they don’t count as much. A calorie is a calorie wh...
Drink Milk to Feel Full Longer
Drink Milk to Feel Full Longer