Are vitamin drinks safe for your body?

Most vitamin drinks are safe but of limited value. It's very important to look at all the ingredients. Some vitamin drinks have a lot of sugar. Some have other supplements in addition to vitamins, which can be harmful. Some have too much of certain vitamins and can harmful.
Crystal Robertson
The safety of vitamin drinks is not the most important issue, says Crystal Robertson, a registered dietitian at Riverside Community Hospital. In this video, she says that energy in and out are what's important, and many drinks have empty calories.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Is Fruit Juice Worse Than Soda?
Is Fruit Juice Worse Than Soda?
Soda isn't the healthiest drink. Known for its high sugar content, research suggests that the sweet and bubbly beverage can contribute to kidney stone...
How do I choose a good sports drink?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
A good sports drink should have only a 6% to 8% concentration of carbohydrates (sugars). Too many ca...
How does what I drink affect my body?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
What we drink is an important part of our diet, and something we often don't give a lot of thoug...
How Can I Reduce the Calories I Get From Beverages?