Should I receive nitrous oxide if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant now or plan to get pregnant, you should not receive nitrous oxide without talking to your doctor. Many medical professionals believe that you should not receive nitrous oxide during the first six months of pregnancy, and some believe not at all, because of negative outcomes. Talk to your doctor and dentist about the pros and cons of receiving nitrous oxide. 

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

How is nitrous oxide used in dental procedures?
Nitrous oxide is administered through a mask placed over the nose and mouth.The gas is inhaled i...
What should I know about nitrous oxide before taking it?
With nitrous oxide, you will feel sedated but able to respond. In the small dose that is used fo...
How soon after taking nitrous oxide will I feel its effects?
When nitrous oxide gas is administered, you will feel the effects within one to two minutes. The...
Is there a generic version of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is the name of the active ingredient of a gas for which there is not a brand name....