Should I receive nitrous oxide if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant now or plan to get pregnant, you should not receive nitrous oxide without talking to your doctor. Many medical professionals believe that you should not receive nitrous oxide during the first six months of pregnancy, and some believe not at all, because of negative outcomes. Talk to your doctor and dentist about the pros and cons of receiving nitrous oxide. 

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Who should receive nitrous oxide?
Robert J. Hedaya, MDRobert J. Hedaya, MD
Nitrous Oxide (NO2) -- commonly referred to as "laughing gas" - was used for years in the practice o...
Who should not receive nitrous oxide?
People who are extremely nervous about dental work and cannot be calmed by nitrous oxide should ...
Should I drive after receiving nitrous oxide?
After you receive nitrous oxide and the mask has been removed, you should feel fine. It may take...
Is there a generic version of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is the name of the active ingredient of a gas for which there is not a brand name....