Should I receive nitrous oxide if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant now or plan to get pregnant, you should not receive nitrous oxide without talking to your doctor. Many medical professionals believe that you should not receive nitrous oxide during the first six months of pregnancy, and some believe not at all, because of negative outcomes. Talk to your doctor and dentist about the pros and cons of receiving nitrous oxide. 

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Is the use of nitrous oxide safe for pregnant women?
The use of nitrous oxide in pregnant women is controversial, and it is preferable pregnant women not...
Are there any risks in using nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is a safe and well-tolerated sedative with few risks. Nitrous oxide can be adjuste...
Is there a generic version of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is available to dentists and doctors as a generic sedative. It i...
What is nitrous oxide?
You may know nitrous oxide as "laughing gas," the sedative your dentist uses to help you relax b...